Friday 17 July 2009

The Victory, Killingworth Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle. NE3 1SY. Tel:0191 2851254

The Victory, in So. Gosforth, used to be an occasional lunch time stop off point, about ten or more years ago, if I happened to be working in the Gosforth area and a good pint was required.
Parking was always a bit of a problem but has been improved considerably I'm pleased to say.

The ale selection was always superb and with Workie Ticket, Landlord, Directors, Pedigree and Deuchars IPA on offer, that hasn't changed, but I only had time for one. What a pity the Workie Ticket I chose was a bit on the cloudy side. There's no excuse for that in a place like The Victory which was always top notch. A shame I didn't have the time to sort it out and left disappointed. I hope I was just unlucky as The Victory used to have such a good name for ale.

2 comments:

  1. The pub has now been taken over ( September 2010 )and is run by a lovely couple John and Maria. They are a hard working and pleasent couple and have plenty of experience between them.
    I know it will take a while to repair the unfortunaten reputation The Victory has gained in recent years, but, watch this space this is a success waiting to happen and will once again be attracting people from all around to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb place to visit Maria and John have transformed The Victory! Fantastic well loved Ales. Make a point of a visit and experience a warm welcome like no other in the city.!

    ReplyDelete