Saturday 13 June 2009

The Boathouse. Station Road, Wylam, Northumberland, NE41 8HR. Tel:01661 853431


The Boathouse was recommended to me as I was having a quiet pint in Ryton Old Village on a sunny afternoon. It sounded wonderful, so I decided to investigate The sunny afternoon just got better!
Right next to Wylam rail station, The Boathouse turned out to be a real ale officionado's paradise, with 14 pumps on the go! Obviously quite a number were Wylam Brewery's own, so I decided to have a Wylam's Haugh. A beautiful porter.

Prince Bishop, Avalanche, Byker Wit, Northern Star, Tiger, Highlander, Steel Town........at this point I fell of my stool!
A CAMRA Pub of the Year on umpteen occasions and now one of mine. Super drinker's atmoshere. No music, just conversation and a loverly old fireplace to add to the ambience in the winter months.
Food can be had and there is a small beer garden.

The beer's the thing here though and another visit later in the year is on the cards!
I wish it didn't have the stairs to negotiate though.
My 2nd visit to the Boathouse was just as pleasurable as the first. A pint of High House Matfen Magic only added to the pleasure of the quiet atmosphere.
Super pub. Super beer.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful real ale selection. Great blog! My husband and I just spent about a week in that area and HAD to check out the Boathouse. We LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete