Friday 12 February 2010

The Gosforth Hotel, Salters Road, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne. NE3 1DH. Tel: 0191 2856617.

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

On the corner of Salters Road and Gosforth High Street stands the old Gosforth Hotel.

If your walking north up the High Street, make sure you take a sandwich with you if you fancy a pint of real ale in the Gosforth Hotel. Getting over the crossroads could take a while.

The interior has been cheered up quite a bit since my 1970's days there and the ale choice certainly has too. Although four of the handles were not in use, I'm pleased to say that my choice for the day, Mordues Workie Ticket, was on. So were Timothy Taylors Landlord, Titanic Iceberg and of course the ever present Black Sheep.

Not a bad pub, and grub on sale too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack

    My name is Esther and I look after the Directory of Newcastle upon Tyne at http://directoryofnewcastleupontyne.com/blog.

    I found you when looking for information about the above venue.

    Really love the blog and wondered if you would be willing to let us publish excerpts of your content with a link back to the original post here.

    Look forward to hearing from you soon.

    You can contact me at support@directoryofnewcastleupontyne.com or esther@localsearchdirectories.com

    ReplyDelete