Sunday 19 April 2009

The Blackbird Inn, North road, Ponteland, Northumberland NE20 9UH Tel: 01661 823200


The Blackbird Inn was a favourite pub of mine when I didn't drink!














Yes, I was 17 and a motorbike nut often calling at the Blackbird to meet the other nutcases before roaring off for a spin! God, that was a long time ago.

A mere blinking of an eye in relation to the Blackbird. Parts of whose life go back to the 1300's (Left click on the sign).

Now, from being an out and out pub, it seems to have made various attempts at becoming an eating place. What a lovely Sunday lunch I had about 5 or 6 weeks ago. If the chef has remained the same then I've got to say your food will be very good.

But boy has the real ale suffered. My beer was cloudy as hell and the staff and manager had no idea why or what to do about it!
Spoilt my day.

What a pity.Don't go for the real ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment