Thursday 29 July 2010

The William Stead, 8 Crown Street, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 1LU. Tel:01325 465487

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

The William Stead is within walking distance of at least half a dozen other real ale haunts, in the brilliant shopping centre that Darlington has become.
A large two storey pub/restaurant with a special lift to the toilets on the Ist floor for gronks like me. I had to use this facility as the staff failed to pick the lock on the disabled toilet on the ground floor. Some bloke must have absconded with the key! B.....d.
Look at the photo. Its big enough for a Marks & Spencers branch!!
The Ruddles best was £1.39 a pint! I had to suffer a pint at that price. Grainstore Brewery Ten-Fifty (brewed in Rutland for its sins), Daleside Blonde and Old Lubrication, and Abbott Ale were the rest. Although I'm warming to some of Wetherspoons wonderful pubs, this one left me cold.
Must press on.


No comments:

Post a Comment