Thursday 10 March 2011

Castle Eden Inn, Stockton Road, Castle Eden, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS27 4SD, Tel:01429 835137.

The Castle Eden Inn is just off the A19 in the little village of Castle Eden in County Durham.

An attractive pub from the outside and the interior doesn't disappoint. It has a welcoming feel to it, with a music/TV lounge to the right, a 'U' shaped bar to the centre and a restaurant to the left. Food and drink is served all day.

The real ales on offer were Deuchars IPA, Old Speckled Hen and the delicious Hobgoblin, a couple of pints of which I thoroughly enjoyed.

A small but inviting lunchtime menu found me well satisfied with the starter and main course I had  and I'll certainly come back again for more.
 I did however have the major embarrasment of being pursued, whilst hobbling to the door, by one of the staff who thought I was absconding without having paid. She was very attractive however, and would certainly be welcome to chase me outside the next time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment