Thursday 6 May 2010

The Black Horse, 68 Front Street, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear, NE25 8DP. Tel:0191 253 6931

LEFT CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE


The Black Horse at Monkseaton is reputed to be a great real ale pub and I must admit to being impressed on first arriving. It's a warm, welcoming and comfortable place.
With four ales on offer I settled down to a nice pint from the Jarrow Rivet Catcher, the Durham Brewery's White Amarillo, Hadrian's Tyneside Blonde or my old favourite Courage Directors. My preference for the darker stuff pushed me for the Directors.
A bit of a disappointment though, as I think the Directors may have been a bit on the old side and was unrecognisable from its normal tasty self.

1 comment:

  1. They do Amarillo ?
    Hell - Ive been searching for somewhere that sells it
    Aletatsre low Fell USED to - the gits stopped selling it (I stopped going)

    ReplyDelete