Monday 16 April 2012

The Lady Grey, 20 Shakespeare Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NEI 6AQ. Tel:0191 2323606.

The Lady Grey in Shakespeare Street.
What a shock I got when I left the Bacchus and thought I'd try the Adelphi. A pub I hadn't been in for umpteen years and was , in my view anyway, a dump with no proper beer. I turned the corner and there was the Lady Grey, 6 real ale hand pumps and an ancient typewriter!
I don't know exactly when it happened, but I couldn't wait to sample some.
Dark Stars Espresso, Summer Wine's Gambit, Bristol Beer's Virtue, Ouseburn Valley's Victoria Tunnel and Farmhouse Pyder (Cider).
A good atmosphere and lovely real ale. I'll go again when my typing's up to scratch.

3 comments:

  1. And now I know where to send my drink-loving husband when we finally get to the UK. Do you ever wander down Wales way? It's on the list, too, and I would love to be able to give my husband a list of good pubs.

    I'm really enjoying reading!

    ReplyDelete